6/13/2009

Constantly Consistent

When I discipline my kids, I always worry about being consistent. Any child-rearing book will tell
you that consistency is the key to successful results, no matter what type of discipline you
choose. While I disagree that just any type of discipline is effective (we're big on logical
consequences here), I am totally on the "consistency bandwagon".


I'm noticing how that idea carries over into all aspects of my life, not just parenting. Some examples:


Nutrition~ if I consistently eat large amounts of fresh fruits and vegetables, I'll feel good. If I
consistently eat large amounts of chocolate (which I do, despite my weak attempts at will
power!!) I'll feel bad



Housekeeping~ if I consistently wipe down the surfaces in my kitchen, it will sparkle. If I
consistently say, "I'll let it go this once, I'm in a hurry", it will rapidly become an eyesore. If I
consistently do one load of laundry every day, everyone will have clean clothes. If I consistently
put off the inevitable, I'll find myself scaling Mt. Washmore to find my son's baseball uniform 5
minutes before the game.



Marriage~ if I consistently make time to be alone with my spouse, I enjoy an intimate, fulfilling
relationship. If I consistently fill that time with the "stuff of life", we only co-exist, congenial
roommates at best.



Blogging~Oh yes, isn't blogging so important that it makes the list along with marriage and
nutrition! Hee-hee!! In my 2 year stint in blog land, I've noticed that consistency brings readers
back. Why then, am I not consistent with the way I post? Hm mmm...Well, I'm gonna change
that!

I pledge to you,
my 22 followers
and
anyone else who takes a peek

to not only continue to post
Wordless Wednesday,

but to also add

a weekly wrap (called "WeekEnd")
and one more item,
still undecided
(I think I'll put up a poll and let you all decide what it will be)

and...
*gulp*
one picture a day! Eeeek, what have I done!?


4 readers took time to leave a thought:

Irene Joy June 14, 2009 at 12:38 AM  

Awesome! A picture a day as a pledge? You are brave... :)

Lucky June 14, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

I like your "real" pictures or thrifty finds or something fun like that! Maybe you can rotate those in during the week...have fun!!!

Homegrown Tribe June 16, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

We should do a real post once a week -- we could make a button together before I go. sniff...

britt

Becca June 17, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

Loved your thoughts on consistency in the home and with family. True, true! :o)

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP