12/05/2011

Ava


5 years...

1,825 days...

43,8000 hours...

2,628,000 seconds...

gone by in a blink of an eye!




I still think, "Wow! I have a DAUGHTER!"

Someone to train to be a wife and a mother

Someone who will watch my every move and want to be like me...good or bad




A little person who is like me but also completely un-like...

She mystifies my head
but
my heart completely understands her

 

 Having a daughter is NOTHING like having sons...

I'm still surprised!


 She's a delight to watch...

dancing and singing her way through life
loving passionately
and
hating with fury

There is no lukewarm here!



Stuffed animals are her companion and lovie of choice
I was exactly the same...
and like her, I had a toy tiger!



She's a rose petal tornado...

sweetness
and
wild wind


She amazes me every day
and teaches me things about myself
that
sometimes I do not want to learn


Five marks the end of a journey
and I'm sad
but

in awe of what will be happening
right before our eyes...


grace and beauty...
laughter and sweetness...

tigers, lions and poodles
plastic food
and princess dresses

songs and dances
and falling down

silliness and tears and
coloring books




in {Love} for 5 years...

can't wait for the rest!




6 readers took time to leave a thought:

Jill December 5, 2011 at 3:21 PM  

beautiful Ava! Can't believe she's 5! Love her new hair do! Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

Jessica Heights December 5, 2011 at 10:11 PM  

This is such a nice birthday post...she is precious! Many happy returns to her!

Angela December 6, 2011 at 9:53 PM  

Beautiful post for a lovely little lady. I can't believe she's 5!! Rose petal tornado is such a perfect description. :-) Happy Birthday, Ava.

Homegrown Tribe December 7, 2011 at 12:24 PM  

Happy Birthday beautiful Ava! I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. sigh. How could that have been 5 years ago????! Still seems like you and Ozzie should be little babies sitting in carseats holding hands. What a blessing it is to watch you grow into a beautiful young lady... just like your mama!

love love love you lovely Ava!

Unknown December 7, 2011 at 10:38 PM  

One of the sweetest birthday posts I have EVER read! I love it! She is beautiful and I know you do and will, but appreciate her little "girlness"! She is already 5 but still your baby and enjoy it and savor it! Appreciate the little ruffles, pink shirts, tosseled hair and laughter at all that you say. Take time to smell her hair as you tuck her in at night and hold her as many times a day as you possibly can! There is always time for laundry and kitchen duty! :) But you already know all of that! ;)

Thank you for sharing your heart!

Blessings!

Michelle Jamie December 23, 2011 at 2:02 PM  

Daughters are something to be cherrished :)

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP