1/09/2012

DEEPression

falling without warning
like thick grey snowflakes
permanently frozen

sucking me under
frosting my windshield
swerving me off the road
into a safe ditch

no more travel today

my mind shuts down
and simple choices become
a herculean effort

laughter and jokes turn to
ugly noise
amplified by nerves on edge

physical touch is painful
friendly advances seem threatening
eyes can't focus on reality

when the flurries come 
sometimes I can make them melt
not today
today it is a blizzard

no tools for escape
hands fall numb and heavy
no help but to sleep

and hope to wake tomorrow
to sunshine


{does any of this ring true for you? if so, there is hope! you can get help...I did. don't give up, dear sister...there is a plan for your life!}


2 readers took time to leave a thought:

Unknown January 9, 2012 at 8:53 PM  

Oh sister...this was my heart yesterday!!! It was like you sat down and pulled out a page from my heart and read it. Thank you. Luv u much. Thanks for your loving ear!

Michelle Jamie January 14, 2012 at 3:34 PM  

I have a wonderful christian GP who is also a personal friend and he's been such a help in this area by supporting my decision not to medicate with chemicals but rather to medicate with the word of God.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP