3/19/2009

Oh, the Terrible. . .


. . .Twos! Can't you see it written all over her face?

It's that conundrum of an age; totally and completely adorable one minute and totally and completely irrational the next.

When the dress she wanted suddenly becomes the wrong one because I handed it to her? When the word, "No" sparks an eruption that rivals Mt. Saint Helens. When the phrase "public tantrum" strikes fear into the heart of the most seasoned parent.

Yeah, I know it's a phase. Yeah, I've been through it twice before. Nope, that doesn't make it any easier. What
does make it easier is when she runs up to me in the middle of the morning, hugs my leg, and says in her pixie voice, "Momma, I love you!" "I love you too, baby", I say. And the glare that had formed in front of my vision melts so that I can see her beautiful blue eyes looking up at me.

I'm dubbing the terrible twos, "Sweet and Sour"

3 readers took time to leave a thought:

Homegrown Tribe March 19, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

were you really up at 2am? :)

sweet and sour... so true!

britt

Anonymous March 19, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

That seems a pretty good name for it! I think the three's are worse though!! ;-)

Katy March 19, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

That's great. Sweet and Sour - I love it!

Could you please come up with a term for teen girls? Ice Cold - Silent but Deadly - ???

She is such a cutie!
~Kate

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP