1/27/2011

He's...

SEVEN this month!

For me, they're always my "babies" till they're five
There's something that happens when they turn five
and I can see the older child in them emerging

Benji's older child is coming more slowly than Alec's did
But he wears SEVEN well...


Right now, he

 loves Legos...just a tiny bit (Ha!)
totally loves both his big brother
and his little sister

is only casually interested in the new puppy
is more than casually interested in whales

began to read by himself
(rewarding fruit for momma for all my home education efforts!)

tested positive for the first time on grass-fed, raw cow's milk
(more on this here and here and here)

still gives me hugs and says "I love you Mommy" all day
is developing into his own personality instead of just a shadow of Alec
...it's fun to watch!

continues to be fascinated and enjoy all things food related,
despite his allergies
(I've been wondering for quite some time where this passion will go)

thanks Jesus for "the angels" every day when we pray
still loves to snuggle

We thank Jesus for you, Boo Bear!
Happy SEVENth birthday, Benji!

5 readers took time to leave a thought:

My2Gs January 27, 2011 at 3:46 PM  

Happy Birthday Benji! Love the picture too :)

Anonymous January 28, 2011 at 1:20 PM  

Let me know if you are having a lego birthday party. I did a successful (cheap'n easy) one last year.

Shelly January 28, 2011 at 2:58 PM  

We actually had one already for him, and this is the second one we've done...we, also, have come up with some inexpensive fun ways to do it! I'd love to hear your ideas though, I have a feeling that the Lego party theme is not going to be quickly outgrown!! Ha!

Homegrown Tribe January 28, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

oh Benji, happy birthday, wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!

You are one VERY special little man!

britt

Christine January 28, 2011 at 6:11 PM  

What a great picture! Happy Birthday big guy!!

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP